Start of the Fall Semester and my Senior Exhibition

 The fall semester had started late August and after experimenting with a bunch of different plant fibers, I knew that handmade paper had to be a part of my senior exhibition. 

I knew I wanted my paper to be soft for printmaking purposes so I decided early on that abaca was going to be the base of my paper - I could make a thicker paper for durability. Knowing these things, I decided on using abaca and hemp for my paper. I chose these because of a few things, texture, color and how it takes ink. 

For my show, I have made many sheets that are 17 inches by 22 inches for my larger prints and then smaller circle sheets for my other prints. The larger sheets I made thicker than the circles due to how many layers each print will consist of.

A little about my show: I have researched many different species of mushrooms but decided to focus on six species. Each of the larger prints will be on the mushrooms in their natural environment - in the ground or on a tree. The prints consist of monotypes and woodblock prints - something I can go more into depth in a later post. The circular prints will then be of what each mushroom looks like underneath of a microscope. 

I cannot wait to show you guys more once the show is in its final stages! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get to know me!!

Contemporary Craft Workshops

June 20, 2021